Kerry Surman gets goosed while riding her "Go Green" bicycle - attacked by geese she spends 5 days in hospital

Posted by Blogger Name. Category:

An Ottawa cyclist says a surprise attack by a Canada goose left her with a concussion and fractured cheekbone, and a renewed respect for nature.

Kerry Surman was riding along the Trans Canada Trail from her home in the west Ottawa neighbourhood of Stittsville to Carleton Place, Ont., on June 10 when she came across a family of geese crossing the bike path.

Surman saw two adult geese and a gaggle of goslings cross before one final adult goose made its way through the trail, and she figured the path was clear.

"I thought, 'If I just zip past I'll be fine,'" Surman said. "But I misjudged how fast I was going and the goose misjudged my intentions.

"What I remember is the goose giving me the evil eye and then the goose wrapping its wings around my head, and I can't see and I hear myself screaming," she said.

The next thing Surman remembered was that she was lying on the ground and having difficulty getting up.

CLICK FOR VIDEO AND MORE
◄ New Posts Older Posts ►